M.Ed. (Educational Psychology) (UJ) | B.Ed. (Hons) (Educational Psychology) (Cum Laude) (UJ) | PGCE (FET) (Cum Laude) (UJ) | B.A. Psychology (UJ)
I am a bilingual Educational Psychologist registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) in the United Kingdom.
HPCSA Registration Number: 012 0014, Practice Number: 0501034
HCPC Registration Number: PYL039835
My journey as an Educational Psychologist began with completing my undergraduate degree at the University of Johannesburg. I then went on to complete a PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education), followed by an Honours and Masters degree in Educational Psychology at the University of Johannesburg. My holistic approach to knowledge and learning is maintained through keeping up to date with current trends and techniques through engaging in active Continuous Professional Development.
Prior to my career as an Educational Psychologist, I was a Registered Counsellor from 2010 to 2012 and a Teacher from 2009 to 2011 – I taught at both Primary and High School level at Curro Aurora College and Parktown High School for Girls.
In working at the Centre for Psychological and Career Development (PsyCaD) at the University of Johannesburg as an Intern Educational Psychologist, I gained experience in general therapeutic techniques and assessments, as well as Hypnotherapy and Ego State Therapy. After completing my Internship Training at PsyCaD, I also had the opportunity to work with the organisation as an independent Psychologist within the Career Development Team.
On entering Private Practice as an Educational Psychologist, I have expanded my expertise and experience from a range of assessments and individual therapy with young children, adolescents, and adults to include Medico-legal work (since 2013) as a member of the South African Medico-Legal Association. In 2018, I completed the short course in Medico-Legal Practice presented by UCT Law@Work and the South African Medico-Legal Association (SAMLA). In 2019, 2020 and 2021, I have continued these studies through the SAMLA-UCT Medico-Legal Practice Workshops. My passion for learning has also brought me to the doorstep of Neuropsychology, which remains a key interest and a personal goal to further educate myself in this field. In 2019, I completed the Basics and Beyond Foundational Course in Neuropsychology.
I also specialise in Child & Family Mediation (including parenting plans). Through a client-centered and eco-systemic approach, I enjoy assisting my clients to reach their full potential in both their scholastic / professional and personal capacities.
I conduct assessments, therapy and mediation in both English and Afrikaans. With the assistance of trained Interpreters, assessments can also be conducted in the official languages of South Africa.
My range of services include:
- Online Therapy (Telemental Health)
- Individual Psycho-therapy for adolescents and adults
- Play Therapy for children comfortable to work through an online platform
- Psycho-Educational Assessments
- Diagnostic Learning Difficulty Assessments
- School Readiness Assessments
- School Placement Assessments
- Subject Choice Assessments (i.e. Grade 9 learners)
- Career Guidance Assessments (i.e. Grade 11/12 learners looking toward Tertiary Education & Adults looking to change their career path)
- Vocational Assessments
- Concession & Accommodation Assessments (in accordance with the IEB & GDE / DBE)
- Medico-Legal Assessments
- Medical Negligence Assessments
- Child & Family Mediation & Parenting Plans
- Voice of the Child Assessments
- Parenting Plans (including Residency; Contact; & Parental Rights & Responsibilities)
- Parental Mediation
- Online Therapy (Telemental Health)
Contact Details for Megan Clerk
Cell: 076 562 8271
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 086 236 7457
Address: Office 253, Max Offices, 145 Second Street, Parkmore, Sandton, 2196